What does a Counselor do?
- Visits my classroom to help me understand myself and others.
- Works with small groups on study habits, self-concept, divorce, conflict resolution, and improving academic performance.
- Meets with new students to help them adjust to our school.
- Explains test scores to parents and teachers.
- Talks with parents and teachers.
When do I see a Counselor?
- Have good news to share.
- Have trouble with my friends.
- Have trouble with my school work.
- Have trouble with my brothers and sisters.
- I have trouble getting along with others.
- Need to talk to someone.
How do I see a Counselor?
- My teacher can ask the counselor to see me.
- My parents can ask the counselor to see me.
- I can stop by the office to see her.
- I can ask my teacher if I can go to her office.